San Mateo Adult School ESL students are active and engaged on campus and in the community. The ESL Student Blog is a great place to see what ESL students are doing and have done. The SMACE Videos Youtube channel also has many videos of students in action – learning, sharing, and contributing to school and community life. Check out the Students In Action and the International Day & Night playlist.
The ESL Student Councils – Day and Evening – provide leadership and support for many activities including:
* International Day and Evening
* Holiday celebrations
* Community engagement such as the 2014 Downtown San Mateo Clean-up
* Advocacy for Adult Education
* Red for Adult Education Tuesdays, T-shirts, Bumper Stickers, and Buttons
* Presentations at CCAE and CATESOL Conferences
* The Annual “Mr. T” Soccer Tournament
* The Evening ESL Book Club
* The Fall Food Drive
* The Winter Coat Drive
If you want to get involved in SMAS ESL community life or if you have an idea for the school or the ESL Student Council, talk to your teacher or an ESL Student Council officer or Class Representative.