At San Mateo Adult and Community Education, we are committed to forming collaborations with local organizations in order to best serve our community and our individual students.
Countless community organizations have dedicated their time, energy and resources in order to develop programs, be guest speakers, provide printed information, meet with staff, share volunteers or other personnel, develop curricular materials, provide pre-vocational counseling, recruit students, assist students in finding employment, and provide crisis intervention.
Each year, thanks to the generosity of these donors, deserving Adult School students are assisted by a number of individuals and organizations. Each has provided one of our High School graduates with a scholarship to help them further their education. These donors include:
· Burlingame Masonic Lodge #400
· Burlingame Scottish Rites Bodies
· Golden Gate Commandery, #16, Knights Templar
· Rotary Club of Foster City
· San Mateo County Plumbers Union and Apprenticeship Training Program
· San Mateo Masonic Lodge #226
Individuals who have also contributed the student scholarships include:
· Mr. & Mrs. John D. Nelson
· Mr. & Mrs. Bill Price
· Mr. & Mrs. John Shipman
· Steven Paul Friedman Foundation
· Mr. and Mrs. Halalilifa Afu
Special thanks to Richard L. Miller for his support of a wide variety of Adult School programs.