If you have a suggestion for this FAQ or anywhere else on the website, call 650 – 558 – 2100 and ask them to relay it to the Web Team.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much do classes cost?
The cost varies according to program.
- ESL: Currently free. This covers all ESL classes plus Distance Learning.
- High School Diploma: Currently free for each semester.
- GED prep classes: Currently free. Each GED exams are $35 each, and payment and registration must be done on-line.
- Career Development, Life Skills, Just for Fun, etc: Cost varies. Our Modern Office Technology (Electronic Office) class is currently free.
- 50Plus: In some classes, cost varies, based on age.
See the brochure or call 650 – 558 – 2100 for full details
2. Can I pay the registration fee with a credit card? Yes. Visa and Master Card only.
3. Can I start a class anytime?
- ESL: No. Students new to the ESL program must attend a 2-day orientation and placement meeting. This covers all ESL classes plus Distance Learning.
- High School Diploma: Yes, provided you first make an appointment with our Academic Advisor and bring with you a copy of your high school transcript.
- GED prep classes: No. New students must first attend an orientation meeting and take two placement tests.
- Career Development, Life Skills, Just for Fun, etc: Only Modern Office Technology (Electronic Office) has open enrollment. All others has specific starting and ending dates.
- 50Plus: If there is room, you can join most Fifty Plus classes any time. Guest Passes are available for some classes.