On June 15, 2016, more than 70 students “walked the stage” during the Adult School’s Graduation Ceremony which was held in the auditorium at the College of San Mateo. It is also an opportunity for students to receive scholarships awarded by a variety of families and organizations who have generously supported our students in their education.
Some required classes needed to meet graduation requirements are also offered in teacher-directed classes. These classes are offered at various times, usually from 3:30 – 6:00 pm, or 6:30 – 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday. These classes begin in early fall and early Spring. Regular Attendance is required.
High School Diploma Program Hours
Independent Studies in our ALC (Adult Learning Center) are Open Entry for all classes.
|Monday||9:00 am – 12:00 pm||4:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 12:00 pm||4:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 12:00 pm||4:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 12:00 pm||4:00 pm – 8:00 pm|
- Call the San Mateo Adult School at (650) 558-2116 to schedule an appointment with an academic adviser to determine what course work must be completed to receive your diploma. The adviser will assist you in determining the best course to meet your personal, vocational, or academic goals.
- Bring your most recent high school transcript. (Contact the registrar at your most recently attended high school to request an official transcript.)
- Students may start at any time during the year and attend class day or evening.
- Register now! Be a member of our next graduating class in June 2017.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Sources of credit that may be applied toward a High School Diploma at the San Mateo Adult School:
- Credits earned in other accredited high schools, adult schools, colleges, or technical schools
- Credits earned in a foreign country
- Work achievement or military service
- Pre-approved job training classes
- Pre-approved work achievement
Graduation is in June 14, 2017